Telerik has been in news lately for providing lots of updates and tools, and the latest one includes its Q3 2012 collection of development tools targeted to developers focused on building Win8 apps, Visual Studio 2012 and data visualization for desktop, web and mobile app development. This makes Telerik the first and only vendor to offer a rich toolset for both XAML and HTML developers that want to rapidly build native Windows Store-ready apps for both enterprise and consumer markets. The new UI controls feature touch capabilities for developers to easily leverage Win8 functionality in environments which they are familiar (i.e.: ASP .NET AJAX, WPF, Silverlight and Winforms).
“The Q3 release of our developer tools was a big one for us, given our focus on Windows 8 and our commitment to supporting the latest Microsoft platforms,” said Chris Sells, vice president, Developer Tools Division, Telerik. “I’m proud to say that we’ve delivered a set of quality tools that is, bar none, the most robust around. For Windows 8, we didn’t just port our existing code – we re-imagined our controls specifically for Windows 8, putting touch at the center and fully supporting both XAML and HTML. It’s a heterogeneous, mobile world out there these days, and our Windows 8 controls were built with that in mind.”
With the release of the UI Controls for Windows 8, Telerik enables the rapid building of native Windows store-ready apps for both the enterprise and consumer markets. Besides, it has also announced the availability of long-awaited RadPivotGrid and RadGauge, as well as more HTML chart types for ASP.NET AJAX, to further advance its capabilities around data visualization. RadGauge and RadChart for ASP.NET AJAX are both HTML5-based and rendered entirely on the client, allowing for better performance than other tools currently available on the market.
Some of the other developments by Telerik include following:
• Financial Chart Types for RadChartView, available within RadControls for WinForms; also available with the touch support for Windows 8
• Report templates, report importing from Visual Studio, support for user functions, and connecting to object/OpenAccess/entity data sources in the standalone Telerik Report Designer
• Timeline UI controls available within JustTrace for rich information, more context and full control of snapshots, making them now searchable and actionable
• Web API support, available in OpenAccess ORM, which enables programmers to generate web API controllers
• Community Extensions, available within JustCode and JustDecompile, which allow developers to build their own plugins to perform analysis, visualizations of .NET or simply add to Telerik’s growing developer community
• Auto Mocking, where JustMock developers no longer need to manage mock dependencies at runtime; JustMock also improves compatibility with widely used profiling tools including OpenCover, NCover, DotCover, ANTS and DotTrace
Just a few days back, Telerik announced the release of its Test Studio that now provides support for Windows 8 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2012. As part of the new release, Telerik has advanced Test Studio’s load and functional testing capabilities with features including goal setting, results analysis, automatic browser configuration and more. Prior to that, it announced its Windows 8 UI Controls Release Candidate that will help the entire developer community to build apps for the Windows store in a better way. Along with the Release Candidate, the company has also released two new controls Pagination and HubTile, for HTML and XAML environments.